In the past, garages are constructed to be to park a family car as well as stashing junk from the main house. But today, with the help of reliable services offered by professional garage door companies, the garages serve other objectives. Nowadays garage door designs have made it possible for garages to be transformed according to the homeowner’s needs, lifestyle, preferences, and budget. For more information about garage door services, visit here http://cincinnatiohiogaragedoor.com
Other creative objectives of garages:
- Home studio: By simply installing the right garage door, your place can turn into a great studio fit for a future rock star. The garage can be a protected place to store musical equipment and instruments.
- Sports equipment gallery: You can install racks and hooks to a wall of the garage for hanging bikes and other sporting equipment after using them. They are also used to hang other sports equipment such as, bats, footballs, and golf clubs on the wall.
- Workshop: Create a workbench system along with a customized storage solution according to your working pattern. If you are into woodworking, place a grooved panel at one side of the bench where you can have easy access to use. Install overhead garage door with windows to allow natural light to filter through.
Modern designs of garage doors:
In the past, little attention was paid while choosing an aesthetic appeal of the garage door. Garage doors were used to just keep the vehicle safe from outside elements. Nowadays, homeowners have come to realize that saving money on the construction of a garage can affect the overall appurtenance of the house; a big-sized and well-maintained garage can serve multiple purposes and put the extra space of the home to good use. Following are few modern garages to consider:
- Attached or detached garage: An attached garage is convenient to approach especially during the harsh climate. A garage next to the house can greatly restrict the design option if you have a plan for an expansion. If you are planning for building a garage, weigh the pros and cons of having an attached garage. If you are really concerned about easy accessibility, go for the automatic garage door.
- The bigger is better: In the ’70s there was a trend of building one car garage. Afterward, the trend shifted to two-car garages to accommodate the bigger vehicles like RVs and SUVs. Even real estate agents describe that a bigger garage with an efficient garage door is a great asset with good selling concepts.
Types of garage doors:
There are four types of modern garage doors available in the market. They are roller garage doors, up & over garage doors, sectional garage doors, and swing-hung garage doors. Each of them has different characteristics, specifications, and looks differently. Roller garage doors are ideal for places with a short drive-through because they do not swing outwards. They roll up around a drum above the opening of a garage door. An automatic roller garage door will be a blessing during harsh weather. Up & over garage door swings out and hangs over the opening. They are perfect for bigger spaces. They are not allowed you to park your car close to garage door. Sectional garage doors are recommended for places that have a short driveway. They pulled upward to open and allow you to park your car closer to garage door. Swing-hung garage doors are the traditional version that opens outward. They need bigger overhead space therefore not suggested for short spaces.
While determining which garage door is best for you, you should check the size, length, and area of the drive path. Also planning on whether you need an automatic or manually operated garage door.