While fixing a malfunctioning garage door, understanding how it works is extremely important. It is true that any type of mechanical or electrical equipment has tendency to break with the passage of time. Even the garage door tends to get malfunctioning over a time. Therefore, it needs periodic garage door maintenance services and occasional fixes. In this article, you will get a brief guide about the mechanism of garage doors. Visit the website http://www.progaragedooratlantaga.com/austell-ga/ to get more information about garage door services.
How garage door works?
There are two main components of garage door, one is garage door itself and other is the operating system that opens and closes the garage door for you. Most of the problems that crop up with the automatic garage door are because either of the systems is not functioning.
Garage door repair tips:
When garage door moves on the metal tracks, energy is generated by torsion springs. The metal tracks are placed along the walls to make the garage door move easily upward or downward. When garage door gets stuck or create squeaking sounds, the issues lie with the tracks or rollers. Well certain garage door repair techniques will help to keep your garage door working.
- Make sure that metal tracks are in good working position. Inspect the tracks to find out the flats, dents, rust, crimps, or other signs of damages. In case of damages, use hammer to straighten out the dents. If the problem is severe, consider replacing the tracks.
- Check the alignment of tracks. Make sure that both tracks should be aligned to each other. If you notice any discrepancy, loosen the screws and tap the tracks to their original position. You just need screw driver, hammer, and spanner to fix them.
- Make sure that all garage door parts are cleaned and lubricated properly. You may use any good quality grease or oil for this purpose. If you feel that hardware is beyond the repair, they may need to be replaced.
- Inspect the garage door thoroughly to find out the damages. The garage door may be coming off the tracks because it is not functional anymore. In this situations, consider replace the entire garage door system.
- Make sure that nothing is obstructing the path of moving garage door. Overheads garage door especially tend to stick due to accumulated grease or gunk in their paths. Clean garage door to allow it to run smoothly.
Caution: Don’t try to attempt garage door repair work on your own especially it is a matter of springs. Hire professional garage door technicians to help you regarding your garage door needs. Garage door springs that need replacement should be handled by professional. Broken garage door springs can be dangerous and injurious.